Online Championship Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Championship Wrestling

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to OCW!
This a E-fed for WWE 2K14 on the Xbox360.
OCW is BACK!!
The first card is up. Please check the card or the Tournament Brackets to see who your first opponent is.
Latest topics
» Contract For Cody Rhodes
Special Referee EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:52 pm by suntan

» Looking for another league?
Special Referee EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 1:50 am by Byrning

» Knew it
Special Referee EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 11:14 pm by suntan

» Cody Rhodes vs Scott Hall vs CM Punk
Special Referee EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 4:23 am by Byrning

» MNM Matchcard 12/02/2013-12/07/2013
Special Referee EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:54 pm by Legato001

» Contract for Lance "The Phenom" Amerex
Special Referee EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 10:58 pm by Aiyato

» GM Byrning Addresses the Fans
Special Referee EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:25 am by Byrning

» OCW New Wave Match Card 12/08/2013 - 12/16/2013
Special Referee EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:15 am by Byrning

» Application
Special Referee EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:15 pm by ApeX

» Batista vs. Brock Lesnar
Special Referee EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 3:32 pm by Guest

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Special Referee

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Restivereturn

Restivereturn

Special Referee Empty
PostSubject: Special Referee   Special Referee EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:59 pm

I know this may be difficult...but I'd like to suggest every OCW match have another member as a Special Referee....for the pure fact that THQ decided to bring back the ability to spam (As I learned in my first 3 matches online)...It would be nice to have an outside force be watching to make sure no spam occurs.
Back to top Go down
Tricher2010

Special Referee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special Referee   Special Referee EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:19 pm

Spamming is a issue but we use the honor system here. If spamming is a issue we would like you to report the user who did it to you and action will be taken. However if you're found to be lying to reverse a decision you will be banned. Special referees are a good idea but sometimes its hard enough to get to work on a time for you're opponent so a 3rd person would just be disaster however if someone is available no problem. And if you do have a special ref if he gets involved or biased he will be punished.

Back to top Go down
Tricher2010

Special Referee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special Referee   Special Referee EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:29 am

BTW spamming is when someone does the same move over and over and over again with no chance to stop it. So if someone is doing Run grapples a lot THAT IS NOT SPAMMING. It's a little annoying if that's all they do but it ain't spamming.

We also do not like Sore losers who complain (not saying you are one just in general) Lag is also not a excuse unless its been noted this particular user has lag.
Back to top Go down
MECHAGODZIRRA

Special Referee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special Referee   Special Referee EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:03 am

I can special ref if people want. Plus I will be recording at least my matches I have so any spamming, etc, etc, will be there in video.

But yes, if you want a special ref/manager, let me know. I will be glad to help out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Cory74
RKOLEGACY008

Special Referee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special Referee   Special Referee EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:12 pm

Tricher i would have to disagree with you and say that yes doing running grapples one after another does in fact count as spamming esepcially late in the match when you are already worn out and have less of a chance of reversing anything.

Special Referee matches are fun as i have learned via WWE Universe. I love the idea especially if it were to mean that feuds can be kept alive via these matches.
Back to top Go down
MECHAGODZIRRA

Special Referee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special Referee   Special Referee EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:23 pm

I have to disagree with you too Tricher. If I do -nothing- but run grapple, 3+ times IN A ROW, not in a match, but in a row, I am spamming that move.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Cory74
Tricher2010

Special Referee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special Referee   Special Referee EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:31 pm

That's what I said. I said if someone does a move to you a bunch in a row then yes regardless it is spamming. But if someone uses running grapples 5+ times in a match but there all spaced out by a different sequence of moves then it is not spamming.

I'v played RKO before and he hit me with close to 10 running grapples. But he wasn't spamming and I wasn't mad because it wasn't all he was doing. He would throw in some punches. And some grapples and some ground moves and even a turnbuckle move before doing it again.

So to anyone here who thinks spamming is when you use a lot of a move then you're wrong, dead wrong. It's when you abuse that move in a row and it's all you do. Even if someone stooped that low to spam the same move over and over click the reversal button.

However last year with RCP and I'm sure this year with a few people they will say running grapples in general are cheap and if you do more then 3 threw out the whole match then you are a spammer. That's what RCP and Pmoney said to you last year RKO and what I am trying to prevent right here.
Back to top Go down
Restivereturn

Restivereturn

Special Referee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special Referee   Special Referee EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 2:59 am

My suggestion had nothing to do with my match with RKO..it had to do with a few matches I played later where a Taker spent nearly 8 minutes kicking me on the ground until I reversed or was forced up and then running grappled me while I was in the getting up animation...Basically it was 2 stomps, running grapple for 8 minutes or until he got his finisher and then used Hell's Gate...(it was an iron man match) That's the kind of thing I was worried about...and the lag thing I said in the chat is something I just need to get used to.
Back to top Go down
DaINfamousJN

DaINfamousJN

Special Referee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special Referee   Special Referee EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:37 am

I'm hoping spamming won't be an issue in this league. I think everybody feels the same way, as in they hate spammers. I already have had plenty of matches with people in the league, and all of them have been great, fair matches.
Back to top Go down
Tricher2010

Special Referee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special Referee   Special Referee EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:00 pm

I didn't suggest you were talking about RKO. I was saying some people think spamming is when you use a move a lot THREW OUT THE WHOLE MATCH. When spamming is when you do nothing but spam and move over and over and over and over and over. We had some members last year who thought spamming was when you would use a move more then 3 times a whole match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Special Referee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special Referee   Special Referee Empty

Back to top Go down

Special Referee
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Online Championship Wrestling :: Welcome to OCW! :: Suggestions-
Jump to: